The leaves are changing and it is time for family portraits and Christmas Cards!! I know I try to practice what I preach and sign my own family up for family portraits at least ONCE a year! I mean honestly that is about all I can get out of my husband ;P! And every year I DREAD the picking the outfits part but it is ALSO my favorite part of the planning! So trust me know I know what you mom's go through! So this year I wanted to put together a few tips for all my fall mini families since those sessions are RIGHT around the corner!!
1. Do be afraid to go BOLD!! You see the mom in the image has an amazing pop of mustard yellow in her dress which just makes her daughter stand out from her outfit!
2. Match but dont MATCHY MATCH!! This family had a great mix of burgundy and tans. I always tell my clients to choose two colors and stay in that palette! Have one or two people in solids and then others in stripes or plaids!
3. Mommas choose an outfit YOU feel amazing in and then choose the rest of your families outfits around THAT!!! That way you are not fitting your outfit around others and then not loving it! We want YOU to feel amazing!
4. DON'T be afraid to go DRESSY! I think you step it up a notch when you go dressy and adds a little flair to your portraits! Here is an example of what I mean... (this would be sooo adorable!)
5. LAYER it up! This is probably KEY to amazing portraits! Using different textures and layers will make your portraits look more styled then what you think!
6.. OPPS didn't I say 5!! Well I am adding one more! HAVE FUN with your kids! Don't expect them to smile straight at the camera! I will most likely talk to them about their favorite things and get them laughing! My style is not that perfect portrait where everyone is looking... it is capture your family as they are RIGHT NOW! I want to capture your child's personality not a posed school picture! Let them do that! ;P I hope this helped you out a little more! Let me know what you thought about this below!!!
Still need to book your FALL MINI SESSION?? I have ONE session LEFT and then they will be SOLD OUT!!!